I’ve been a twitter whore lately, devouring the small nuggets of my friends lives that they deem worthy enough of tweeting. As I mentioned on Chris Shiflett’s blog, the big thing about twitter for me, is connecting to my PHP peers in non-PHP related ways.
Well, I’ve decided to try and formalize that a little bit, and tell you what I enjoy doing outside of PHP and what my aspirations are outside of PHP and invite you to contribute as a community building excercise.
- I love to swim. I swim for hours given any opportunity. I’d love to learn to scuba-dive.
- I play piano/keyboards, a little. I’d love to learn to read music properly, and to play Guitar and practice more on the piano/keyboard
- I sing; I was in a Funk Jazz band in high-school as lead vocalist; performing stuff like Santana’s Smooth and Take me to the river from The Commitments. Quite the challenge considering I’m partially deaf and I don’t read music
- I want to learn to draw. I bought “Drawing on the right side of the brain” but never read it. I asked my wife to teach me and she came up with “I dunno, I just do it.” For some, it’s built-in, for others like me, it’s a desire that I don’t have time to pursue.
- I like to play basketball & badminton, but it’s been a long time, and I don’t know if I could anymore
- I love photography, as I said the other day, it’s a “technical art”. It’s something where I can see and identify something beautiful, then try to figure out the technical settings of my camera to capture it in a way I’m happy with. It’s as close to drawing as I can get. I wish I had more time (and money!) to put into it.
That’s about it, now it’s your turn, what do you do to get away from PHP?